The Literacy Consultants’ Coalition is designed for:
- Educators who provide literacy support to multiple schools or districts
- Authors of professional books for teachers
- Current or former literacy consultants
There are many benefits to joining, including:
- Periodic whole group meetings- These meetings provide an opportunity for members to connect and learn together.
- Opportunities to join inquiry groups focused on areas of interest
- Connections with a large number of consultants and educators who face similar challenges in their work
- Opportunities to present in a variety of professional development settings sponsored by the group
The initial membership donations will be used to help formalize and support the group, including:
- Provide the initial funds associated with creating the group, including but not limited to:
- applying to become a 501(3c)
- setting up a bank account and tax EIN number
- hourly rate for independent contractor to process payments for conference presenters, handle 501c3 paperwork, manage the email list, process dues, etc.
- Provide funds for monthly meeting and subgroup activities, including paying outside presenters
Suggested initial membership donations are $50. If you are not able to make your donation at this time, please pay whatever you are comfortable paying. If you would like to pay more than $50, you certainly can. A letter verifying your donation as tax deductible will be sent as soon as our 501c3 non-profit status is finalized.
We are currently working through a technical issue with collecting credit card payments for membership. If you would like to join Literacy Consultants’ Coalition please click here to contact Judy Hendricks. Judy will then contact you as soon as our tech issue is fixed. Thanks for your patience.