The Literacy Consultants’ Coalition is designed for:
- Educators who provide literacy support to multiple schools or districts
- Authors of professional books for teachers
- Current or former literacy consultants
There are many benefits to joining, including:
- Periodic whole group meetings- These meetings provide an opportunity for members to connect and learn together.
- Opportunities to join inquiry groups focused on areas of interest
- Connections with a large number of consultants and educators who face similar challenges in their work
- Opportunities to present in a variety of professional development settings sponsored by the group
The initial membership donations will be used to help formalize and support the group, including:
- Provide the initial funds associated with creating the group, including but not limited to:
- applying to become a 501(3c)
- setting up a bank account and tax EIN number
- hourly rate for independent contractor to process payments for conference presenters, handle 501c3 paperwork, manage the email list, process dues, etc.
- Provide funds for monthly meeting and subgroup activities, including paying outside presenters
Suggested initial membership donations are $50. If you are not able to make your donation at this time, please pay whatever you are comfortable paying. If you would like to pay more than $50, you certainly can. A letter verifying your donation as tax deductible will be sent as soon as our 501c3 non-profit status is finalized.
To join Literacy Consultants’ Coalition please click here.