Presented by Lester Laminack and Katie Kelly
October 22, 2020 7:00-8:00 PM EDT
Registration is closed. If you would like to purchase a link to the recording of this webinar, please fill out the registration information below, which will take you to a Stripe portal for payment. We will then send you the recording link.
Understanding and honoring who we are as individuals and as a community is foundational to our success both in and out of the classroom. Join Lester Laminack and Katie Kelly to explore ways to build community through intentionally selected read alouds and critical conversations whether in person or virtual.
In this virtual workshop Lester and Katie will…
- -share a collection of recommended books for exploring identity with children of all ages
- explore the importance of read alouds as a shared experience to build classroom community
- invite participants to engage in their own exploration of identity to examine how our identity positions us in our teaching
- offer an instructional framework to encourage students to speak freely, think deeply, and take action
- suggest tips for doing this work in both face-to-face and online learning spaces.
10% of webinar proceeds will go to Teaching Tolerance, whose mission is to help teachers and schools educate children and youth to be active participants in a diverse society. You can learn more by clicking here.
None of the proceeds go to the Literacy Consultants’ Coalition.
Can’t participate live? A link to the recording of the webinar will be sent to all paid participants and be available to watch for 30 days.
Webinar Cost: $25
To register, fill out the information below. When you hit submit you will be taken to a Stripe portal to enter our credit card information. Paid participants will receive the Zoom link several days before the webinar.